Discover the amazing beauty of Kenya with stays at the historic Norfolk Hotel Nairobi's first hotel, an Edwardian classic set in the peaceful grounds with aviaries, capturing the atmosphere of the turn of the century, Tortilis Camp an award winning and an intimate oasis of peace and solitude within Amboseli National Park, with impressive views of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro; Samburu Intrepid's, a pioneer of luxury camps in one of the world's last truly great wilderness areas and end your safari at Governors Camp another award-winning camp.
Day 1: Arrive Nairobi
Your safari adventure begins with a warm welcome by To Africa tours and Safaris Representative and the transfer to the luxurious Norfolk hotel. With its rich history and British colonial charm, your will realize why it is considered one of the “Leading Hotels of the World”. Begin your afternoon with lunch followed by a trip to the home and farm of the famous writer of “Out of Africa”, Karen Blixen. Proceed to Giraffe Center where you have an opportunity of hand feeding the Rothschild Giraffes. Tonight’s dinner is at the famous Carnivore Restaurant. (LD) Norfolk Hotel
Day 2 & 3: Amboseli National Park
Early morning transfer to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to Amboseli, situated at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro (19,430 ft). Amboseli is famous for its vast herds of elephants and stunning views of Kilimanjaro on clear days. On arrival in Amboseli you will be met and transferred to your camp with a game drive en route. Afternoon game drive in search of elephant, giraffe, buffalo and much more.
Your two nights stay is will be at Tortilis Camp located within the Amboseli National Park. This award-winning Camp creates an oasis - a place of peace, a place of solitude, with views of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Here you can watch the sun set from the top of a nearby hill; take the time to observe the behavior of the elephant family groups. Whether you choose to explore or stay put, the friendly staff, members of the surrounding Maasai community, will delight in making your stay at Tortilis a most memorable part of your visit to Kenya. (BLD) Tortilis Luxury Tented Camp
Day 4 &5: Samburu National Reserve
Fly to Nairobi and connect your flight to Samburu National Reserve, Kenya's rugged northern region. Your two night stay will be at Samburu Intrepid's, renowned as a pioneer of luxury camps in one of the world's last truly great wilderness areas. The camp is situated on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River in the heart reserve, and looks out over riverbanks where herds of elephant, buffalo and zebra come daily to drink - together with the rarer 'northern species' of reticulated giraffe, Beisa oryx and long-necked gerenuk antelope. At Samburu Intrepid's the staff will go out of their way to show you the magic of wild Africa up close. Activities include game drives in 4x4 vehicles where you have the opportunity to see the distinctive gerenuk, the reticulated giraffe and other game species. Optional activities available are walking safaris with skilled Samburu guides, cultural experience with the Samburu tribe, sedate camel rides, and raft trips when the river is high. (BLD) Samburu Intrepid's Luxury Tented Camp
Day 6 – 8: Masai Mara Game Reserve
Fly to Masai Mara the most famous of the wildlife reserve in Africa, boasting of an astonishing amount of game. Big game and plains game in large numbers.
Your three night stay is at the Governors’ Camp situated at the heart of one of the most game rich areas of the Masai Mara National Reserve. It is set on the banks of the meandering Mara River at a location traditionally reserved for Kenya’s colonial Governors. The area surrounding Governors Camp is home to substantial herds of elephants, hippos and buffalos whilst also providing home for the herds of migrating zebra and wildebeest. The nearby plains are the classical image of savannah Africa, dotted with acacia trees and fringed by the inspiring Siria escarpment. It is worth noting that Governors’ Camp was the setting for the filming of Out of Africa, and much of the BBC's Big Cat Week is also filmed close to here.
Governors’ Camp is one of the few camps within the Mara that provide three game drives every day and being a stone’s throw away from the Mara River ensures that the action during the migration season (July-October) is a short game drive away. Not only are grazing animals particularly common in this area but big cat sightings are also particularly prevalent – it’s for this reason the BBC’s Big Cat Diaries are filmed here. It is also an area for spotting rhinos one of the Masai Mara’s 20 or so black rhinos.
In addition Governors’ Camp can provide optional alternative way of wildlife viewing - by foot outside the National Park or with a complementary bird walk around the camp to admire the 82 species of bird.
On one of the mornings you may opt for sunrise balloon safaris over the mara Plains. You may also to fly to Lake Victoria at Mfangano Island Camp for a day,it is only a 40 minute flight. (B, L, D) Governors Main Camp
Day 9: Depart Nairobi
Fly to Nairobi. On arrival you will be transferred to Norfolk Hotel where you have dayrooms. Transfer in the evening to airport for your onward flight or you may choose to extend your stay with an extension to Mombasa / Lamu or Zanzibar or Victoria Falls or the Seychelles. (BLD)
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Meet and greet at the airport services
- 1 night Norfolk Hotel
- 2 nights Tortilis Tented camp
- 2 nights Samburu Intrepid Tented camp
- 3 nights Governors Tented camp
- Dayroom on your last day of safari at Norfolk hotel
- All airport transfers in Nairobi
- All meals from the day of arrival in Nairobi.
- Meals as indicated (B,L,D) = B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Visit to Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe Center
- Welcome dinner at the famous Carnivore restaurant
- Visit a Masai Village
- Game drives as per above Itinerary.
- Park entrance fees, service charges
- Accommodation in standard rooms
- Services of a professional English-speaking guide/driver
- Guaranteed window seat for best game viewing
- All international airfares and departure taxes,
- Visa fees and associated costs,
- Items of personal nature such as phones calls, faxes,
- Meals not specified, laundry, beverages,
- Bottled water, tips to driver/guides, waiters and porters,
- Personal and medical insurance,
- Excess baggage or shipping charges,
- Optional excursions
- Airport departure taxes.
- Return scheduled flights from Nairobi to Amboseli
- One way scheduled flight from Nairobi to Samburu
- One way scheduled flight from Samburu to Masai Mara
- One way scheduled flight from Masai Mara to Nairobi
LAND ONLY PRICES
Jan - Mar
Apr - May
June - Dec
- Land only prices are per person double occupancy, single room supplement is applicable as shown above.
- All prices, flights, accommodation and services outlined in the itinerary are subject to availability at the time of payment and reservations
- Tour departs ANY DAY with a minimum of 2 passengers
For customized trips please use the contact us page to send us your specific requirements. We will return a detailed tailor-made tour proposal to you within 48 hrs of receiving the request or call us 1 866 343 8297 you will get immediate access to an expert source.